Thursday, January 15, 2009

20 invited to spring training, don't get too excited.

Peter Abraham over on his blog listed 20 of the spring training invitees, and because i'm too lazy to list all 20... here's the link.

Just some thoughts and observations...

Kei Igawa was invited to camp...

I know "Oh-Kei" Igawa has been... not good... at all... in the majors, but his line in the minors really are appealing, and it's a little suprising to me that not one team decided to take a risk on him....

JUST KIDDING... he sucks... at everything... just look here.

-

Shelley Duncan is back for spring training apparently, i thought he was long gone after they DFA'd him... so that's a pleasant suprise.

We shall see his scary elbow smashes intimidate yankee players once again!

-

Jesus Montero and Austin Romine were also invited to camp... in my opinion the Yankees two most valuable prospects. But don't expect anything higher than double A for either of those two this year.

-

Yes, Mark Melancon... who's name i have been butchering since the day i found out he existed... was invited to camp. He may have a shot to make the roster out of spring training, but it is unlikely... i can see him coming up shortly after the all star break.. if not, deffinately a september call up.

-

Sergio Mitre was invited to camp, despite taking it in the butt Roger Clemens style...

-

Lastly... i noticed Andrew Brackman wasn't invited to spring training, i'm not sure if he was on the 40 man roster or not, can anyone clear that up for me? I know everyone wants to see what he's made of.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Brackman still recovering from surgery? I'm looking forward to seeing Melancon. I hope he pitches when I'm there.

Alex H said...

I remember brackman pitched in the hawaiin league this offseason, so i'm really not sure why he wasn't invited.

I'm also jealous of you going to spring training this year, i neeed to go within the next few years.

the word i had to type in for the word verification process... was 'coxycle'... seriously? coxycle?

Anonymous said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Sarah

http://www.thinkpadonline.info