Sunday, April 19, 2009

Thoughts about yesterday

I was pretty frusturated with the Yankees yesterday after shutting off the worst second inning I've ever seen. I think Jonny Damon summed up the situation pretty well with this quote

"He's making it real tough on our bullpen right now," designated hitter Johnny Damon said. "We have to count on guys in our 'pen to go seven or eight innings. We have six losses on the year right now, and he's got three of them. In all three of those games, we've been blown out and we've had to go to our bullpen, so maybe our bullpen's not sharp the following days. I don't know what more to say, but hopefully he can figure it out, because it'd be tough to keep on going like this."

Now I thought to myself theres no way they let him pitch again until there reasonably sure hes fixed his problem, but I was wrong the pitching coach had this to say

"He's going to pitch, he's going to get confidence and he's going to get better,"

OK great, so we're going to have a starter who pitched worse than Sideny Ponson last year this seems like a real recipe for sucess. I don't really understand why the pitching coach after failing to fix Wang's problem for the past three weeks thinks he will be able to all of a sudden. My suggestion, put Wang in the bullpen and bring up phil hughes to make a few starts for him. This would be killing two birds with one stone, allowing Wang to fix his problems in lower pressue situations and get Phil Hughes some more major league experience.

Anyway lets hope that AJ can give us something worth watching today... go Yankees!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This stadium= A silent bandbox with 1/3rd the sound and atmosphere of the last stadium, not enjoying this